CCHA’s website is designed to let members and non-members engage with our organization and to make information about Chatham County history easily accessible to all.
The Chatham County Historical Association makes articles and digitized publications available on its website free of charge. The following policies apply to all articles, photographs, multimedia, and other original content published by CCHA on its public website available via http://www.chathamhistory.org. They do not apply to external resources linked from the website or to resources re-published on our website from other sources.
- Material on our site may be protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use the material in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
- No permission is required from the rights-holder(s) for non-commercial uses. For other uses you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, CCHA makes no warranties about the material on this website and cannot guarantee accuracy. You are responsible for your own use.
- You may need to obtain other permissions for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy or moral rights may limit how you may use the material.
- Those wishing to use resources not maintained by CCHA should consult the copyright policies of respective owners and guidelines for fair use. No license is granted or implied for materials linked from our website but not maintained by us.
We encourage linking to the resources on our webpages and reuse of the materials we provide for educational, personal or other non-commercial use, as long as you attribute the resource to its creator. When republishing, attribution text should read, “Created by [author’s name] for the Chatham County Historical Association, Inc.,” and should include a hyperlink to the original resource on our website.
How to Cite Resources on the CCHA Website
We recommend the following formats for citing resources on the CCHA website.
Jane Pyle, "A Brief History of the Schools of Chatham County." Chatham County Historical Association, 2009. Available on the web at http://chathamhistory.org/pdfs/ABriefHistoryoftheSchoolsofChathamCounty.pdf (accessed 29 Dec 2016).
"St. Lawrence House: ‘The Yellow House’ Update August 2016." Chatham County Historical Association. Available on the Web at http://chathamhistory.org/pdfs/StLawrenceHouse-TavernUpdateAugust2016.pdf (accessed 7 Jan 2017).